Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Junya Watanabe

Sir Sway:  Among my ten favourite fashion designers lies Junya Watanabe.  He became a protege of the untrained queen of Japanese fashion Rei Kawakubo (who is probably number 1 on my list).  Rei's story is the absolute definition of a fashion fairy tale.  She had no training or schooling, and she was able to start one of the biggest Japanese clothing companies, COMME des Garcons.  She took Junya under her wing when he was 23 years old where he started making a name for himself.  Junya like Rei, keeps his ideas innovative by taking simple design ideas and recreating them to fit the modern fashion world. This is his latest spring/summer collection with Comme des Garcons.

Junya Watanabe Comme Des Garcon 2011 spring/summer:

The collection entitled Blue Lines... I think for the sea?



































This next little part has nothing to do with Junya Watanabe but I thought it would be nice to listen to music while looking at these pictures.   My sister being one of the coolest people I know introduced me to the Black Keys.. yes I know I should of been well aware of them but I live in Halifax during the schooling season so I am a bit out of the loop.  One of the best rated CDs of 2010 was Brothers by the Black Keys.  Unlike my sister, I am slightly more into rap and hip hop, so I was stunned when someone teamed up Big Boi with The Black Keys.  I recommend listening to every song a few times because they really grow on you.  You can download them for free as well.


The Brothers of Chico Dusty (Big Boi vs. The Black Keys) by wick-it

Go Get Tangerine is my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment