Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Grammys + Banksy

Mr. Mobile: So unfortunately this post is more of a complaint than anything else. I know it's become a trend to go all out and dress extra funky for these award shows, but the Grammys this year, from a fashion point of view, were quite disappointing. See for yourself.

So the first pic up is Katy Perry, and I'll even admit, she doesn't look all that bad. However, a bra and a high waisted skirt is not an outfit to be worn on the red carpet.

Next we have Jennifer Lopez. Quite frankly, too short and too shiny. No one would look good in this...

So next we have Miley Cyrus. I've always been down on this chick for her fashion choices, but this one takes the cake. It honestly looks like someone covered a white tiger in glitter killed it and turned it into a poorly cut dress.

Anyway, I won't bore you with many more of these, so if you want to check out more of them follow this link to where I'm getting them. But, before I leave you to do that, I have to bring out the worst one. Justin Bieber. He's wearing a white tux, strike one. It's too big, strike two. And he's got sneakers on, strike three. I could go on but we're all familiar with baseball. Anyway... 

Anyway on a different note. The famous street artist Banksy, who Sir Sway mentions from time to time (Vandalism or Art and Banksy at it Again) was recently the subject of a short documentary. It's really interesting and I highly recommend you check it out.

*Update: The link I watched it on has been disabled unfortunately. The movie is called "B Movie - A Film About the Art of Banksy", maybe you'll have more luck finding it than I have. If I find an active link I'll be sure to post it ASAP.


No comments:

Post a Comment